thankful heart

about two years ago or so i was at a very dark place spiritually. i wanted badly to connect with God, yet felt that I couldn't find him anywhere. i wanted to worship Him and praise Him and yet I couldn't find the peace to do those things, so I began to pray that God would give me a thankful heart. i am so thankful that He answered that prayer because today, even though i am struggling with some trials and tribulations, i can easily find things to be thankful for:

-wisdom
-understanding
-Godly perception
-knowledge
-friends, brothers, and sisters
-patience
-mercy & grace
-forgiveness
-the living word
-being called
-the Holy Spirit
-newness
-redemption
-freedom in truth
-peace
-growth

this is just the tip of the iceberg. sometimes i find myself thanking God for the same things over and over throughout the day, in awe of all that God does for me and all that He provides for me. i am truly thankful to be thankful.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

photo explosion and much ado about updates

new shoes!