a good day

i tend to get fussy when things dont go as planned. it's silly, i know, but something about me kind of 'freaks out' when i plan for this or that to happen on a given day and then everything changes, on that day. i guess i feel kind of out-of-control in a sense. anyhow, today i had planned to do nothing but relax, do some sewing and get more things into the shop, and just hang out by myself (i'm a homebody for sure). well, as of yesterday, all of that changed. normally i dont like when other people make my plans for me or tell me what to do with my time, but today i'm actually finding it enjoyable. so far, i have made two batches of muffins and fruit salad to take to my friend allie who just gave birth last tuesday. i'm also planning on making a dinner to take to her and her husband later. eventually i will go grocery shopping for grandma and also to get the things i need to make allie and mike's dinner. earlier today i checked my etsy shop (now stocked with 7 whole items! thats a lot for a busy girl) and i have lots of people looking at items and saving them on their favorites, which is promising. and THEN, this happened: a few months ago amazon.com had a sale on pre-orders, so i pre-ordered two awesome books and kind of forgot about them... until today. in the mail i received lotta jansdotters new printing book and sew & stow, a book with lots of projects right up my ally. so all in all, even though my day didnt go as i planned it, it's turned out okay.

i think that shows some maturity on my part...!!! (i'm laughing at how much i mean this and how ridiculous it sounds)

Comments

elle + josh said…
i love the new lotta jansdotter printing book! glad you got your hands on it, too! :)
rachaeldear said…
ohh man, every day since i've had the book i've actually thought to myself, "I should have a copy of this sent to michelle, she would love this." so i'm glad you got it also!

Popular posts from this blog

photo explosion and much ado about updates

new shoes!