carry through

despite much stress, i am still more or less "happy." i'm enjoying colder weather and the friends it brings- warm beverages, baking, homemade candy, fingerless gloves, presents, craft time, etc. last week we had our annual christmas party at work, and when i got my present, i couldn't tell if it was candy or fake vomit. one of the doctors assured me it was homemade peanut brittle, even if laying the sheet candy flat on the floor looked 'suspicious'... last night was our church's christmas party. for the white elephant exchange, i gave away my copy of Sister Act on VHS that i watched incessantly when i was about 11 or so. i got a crystal chip n dip on a lazy susan that i gave to my mom that had been through a few rounds of re-gifting. it was a fair trade.
i've been taking some anxiety medication to help with the clenching of my jaw, and thank God for that, because if i wasnt i might start to buckle under the sobering realities that flock to my household. large ER bills, no insurance, dad still being out of work, mom's exhaustion, my (current) lack of money, etc... it is indeed "sobering," but my faith carries me through. i've always been a fan of living below my means and i am, in a sense, excited to find new ways to define that. i just hope my parents can share in that somehow.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

photo explosion and much ado about updates

new shoes!