birthday.

yes, it was today. i am the ripe old age of 26, and i cannot begin to tell you how many people in the last two days have told me that i look 17.
my parents and i split the cost of a nice new futon as a birthday present. it's awesome. it's a pretty brown color and obviously it folds into a couch and a bed, but the head of the bed also clicks upward into 5 different positions, which is really nice for reading in bed. i'm excited about it. it makes my bedroom seem much more livable.
eric got me some awesome gift cards to places i enjoy shopping in, a wooden crate for records, and an out-of-print damien jurado album that i mentioned i was looking for when we first began dating nearly two years ago. he definitely deserves credit for remembering that.
mom and dad took me out to buca di beppo last night for an amazing italian meal (my favorite, sigh). then we went to visit my brother patrick who is a bartender at a popular bar in broad ripple, but we didnt stay long due to the inevitable chaos of march madness. we also had a scrumptious breakfast at cracker barrel this morning. tomorrow i look forward to the traditional cherry chip birthday cake with cherry icing that my mother makes for my brother and i every year.

here's some pictures:







eric and i went out to dinner tonight where we got free dessert(!), then went bowling, but first we stopped to see my dad's band (stagecoach) play at a benefit show down the road from where we live. i took several pictures but this one is my favorite:



dad is on the left, gary is on the right. yep, dad plays bass in a honky-tonk band :)

Comments

elle + josh said…
happy birthday, rachael! looks like you had a fun day of celebration! i love you! --michelle
Olive said…
happy belated!!

Popular posts from this blog

photo explosion and much ado about updates

new shoes!