new buddy!

i may have neglected to introduce this guy:



this is my new buddy/nephew wyatt. my brother patrick and his wife jennifer had him right before we moved out east. it was bittersweet to say the least! my first nephew and i barely got to see him :( i get pictures of him occasionally but i definitely feel like i'm missing out.

things are finally settling down for us, praise God! our apartment is coming together although we still have a few boxes here and there. we make weekly trips to ikea, which is like disneyland for me... i am such a sucker for affordable swedish design! we finally got Maryland insurance for our car as well as the license plates and my driver's license, all of which was similar to a root canal in terms of fun-- i had to remove all the window tint from our car for our car to pass the safety inspection. Maryland is such a party pooper sometimes.

we finally made a new friend and he happens to live about 10 feet away from us! his name is Tony and ironically he is in a hardcore band that is actually pretty good. he and Eric have a lot in common and I'm thankful that Eric has someone he can chat with and go to shows with. now i just need a gal pal who likes crafts!

we have a promising lead on finding a church. i had checked out a church on my own that's down the street from where we live and although it totally seemed 'doable,' i just didn't feel that familiar connection. my friend michelle got me in contact with a girl in our area who loves her church, and that looks really hopeful! i think once we have a church family, we will feel like that last puzzle piece is in place...

i am totally in domestic mode at the moment and enjoying being married. i really like my new job- i do check-in/check-out for a group of cardiologists who seem MUCH nicer than the folks at the last job, and i've decided that even though i work more than i'd like, work makes me feel 'functional.' i've been cooking and cleaning and decorating and just enjoying "playing house." i get so much fulfillment out of serving people, especially my husband. it's funny to me in a way because that quasi-feminist side of me never really wanted to 'wait' on someone, but the spiritual part of me enjoys being the 'helper.' i really enjoy the dynamic God created between a spiritual husband and wife and i'm thankful that it somehow just makes sense to my otherwise rebellious persona...

Comments

elle + josh said…
wow! so encouraging to read this post! we're so glad to hear that you're settling in to your new home! have you been in touch with carolyn yet? she wrote me immediately, as soon as i mentioned you guys, & said she'd contact you, but i wasn't sure if you'd actually heard from her yet. hope so!

much love to you & eric!
michelle
rachaeldear said…
yes! she emailed me and eric and i tried to find her church last weekend but i got us lost :( we'll be trying again soon. thanks again for the help!

Popular posts from this blog

photo explosion and much ado about updates

new shoes!